Health & nutrition insights.
RECIPE: Balsamic Chicken Kabobs
What better way to bring everyone together during these busy hot months then with a BBQ. These grilled balsamic chicken kabobs scream summer with their bright colors and char marks. Color means different flavors, lots of nutrients, and it makes for a pretty plate! Enjoy!
BALSAMIC CHICKEN KABOBS
Prep Time: 40 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 1 hour
Ingredients● 2.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1′′ cubes
● 2 red pepper, cut into cubes
● 1 yellow pepper, cut into cubes
● 1 red onion, cut into cubes
● 1 pint cherry tomatoes
● 1 squash, 1/2′′ slices
● 2 zucchini, 1/2′′ slices
● Balsamic Marinade:
● 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
● 1/4 cup canola oil
● 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
● 1 tablespoon honey
● 1 teaspoon dry basil
● salt & pepper
Instructions1. To a small bowl add balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, dry basil, salt, and pepper. Whisk together and slowly
add in the canola oil whisking the entire time.
2. To a large bowl, add chicken cubes and half the balsamic mixture, reserve the rest. Stir to make sure all the chicken
is coated. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to marinade.
3. Preheat grill to medium high heat (375-400 degrees F).
4. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and start to assemble the kabobs.
5. Alternate veggies with chicken on a skewer until everything is used up.
6. Place kabobs on the grill and grill each side for 3-4 minutes, until charred. Brush the remaining marinade on the
kabobs for one last flavor burst. Grill for 2 more minutes.
7. Remove from grill.
Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Sugar: 7 g
Sodium: 365 mg
Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 30 g
Cholesterol: 81 mg
Recipe adopted from: Krista @ JoyfulHealthyEats.com